We are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced Academic Advisor to join our team at AVIT. The Academic Advisor will be responsible for providing academic advising and support to students, helping them to achieve their educational and career goals.
- Provide academic advising to students, including course selection, degree planning, and career counseling
- Monitor student progress and provide guidance to ensure academic success
- Assist students with understanding and navigating institutional policies and procedures
- Provide support and resources to at-risk students
- Develop and maintain relationships with faculty and staff to promote student success
- Participate in departmental and institutional meetings and events
- Keep accurate records and generate reports on student progress and advising activities
- Provide support and resources to students with diverse backgrounds and needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; Master’s degree preferred
- 2+ years of experience in academic advising or a related field
- Strong understanding of academic policies, procedures, and best practices
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with diverse student populations
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency in computer skills and student information systems
- Understanding of student development theories and practices
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as opportunities for growth and advancement within the company. If you’re interested in this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter to Resume@avit.website.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.